Looking for a Greeley General Dentistry Dentist? Luker Dental offers high-quality general dentistry in Greeley, Colorado, to help you meet and exceed your dental goals. With our advanced technology and experienced staff, we can help you achieve your perfect smile – no matter what your dental needs may be.
What is General Dentistry?
General dentistry is the foundation of all dental specialties. It is the branch of dentistry that focuses on the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of oral diseases.
As a general dentist, Dr. Luker is specially trained to care for the oral health of his patients. He uses various preventive measures to help patients avoid cavities and gum disease. He uses multiple advanced dental tools and techniques to clean teeth, fill cavities, extract, and straighten teeth.
Common General Dentistry Procedures
As general dentistry providers, the Luker Dental team performs both straightforward and complex procedures, such as:
- Teeth Cleanings: Professional teeth cleanings are important because they remove tartar and plaque that can lead to cavities and gum disease. During a teeth cleaning, our team member will use a unique dental tool to scrape away the plaque and tartar from your teeth carefully. They will then polish your teeth to remove any remaining residue.
- Fillings: We use dental fillings to repair cavities, and they are made from various materials, including gold, silver, and porcelain. They are typically a fast, inexpensive way to stop tooth decay and promote your dental health. We perform the fillings procedure carefully, ensuring your comfort, and we can choose filling material to match the natural color of your tooth.
- Crowns: We use crowns to cover damaged or misshapen teeth. They can also be made from various materials, including porcelain and ceramic. We take great care in shaping your crown for a perfect fit and choosing the suitable crown material to match the natural color of your teeth and ensure a seamless look.
- Bridges: We use dental bridges are used to replace missing teeth. They are made up of two crowns placed on the teeth on either side of the gap, and a prosthetic tooth, fused between the two crowns. This type of restoration is not only functional but also helps to support the surrounding teeth and maintain your smile.
- Extractions: If you need a tooth extraction, fear not! We can perform this procedure quickly and with minimal discomfort. We will numb the area around the tooth before carefully removing it.
We can provide these and more general dentistry services to patients of all ages in the Greeley, Colorado, area.
Preventative Measures to Maintain Oral Health
As a general dentist, Dr. Luker is big on preventative dentistry. He’d much rather help you prevent dental problems than treat an issue that you could have avoided, which might be expensive and uncomfortable.
Preventative care includes the general dentistry treatment you receive at our Greeley, Colorado office and the tips we can provide to help you maintain excellent oral health. After all, good oral hygiene starts at home. And, to catch any problems early and prevent severe damage, it is essential to visit the dentist regularly for professional cleanings and checkups.
Some standard preventative measures that you can take to maintain oral health include:
- Brushing twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste
- Flossing daily
- Eating a balanced diet and avoiding sugary snacks
- Limiting acidic beverages such as coffee, tea, and soda
- Not smoking or using tobacco products
- Wearing a mouthguard when playing sports or engaging in other activities that could lead to injury
These simple steps can help keep your teeth and gums healthy for years.
The Best General Dentistry in Greeley
From teeth cleanings to fillings, we can provide you with the care you need to keep your smile looking and feeling its best. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with our dentist Dr. David Luker! The Luker Dental team would love to welcome you into our dental family.